As a pacemaker of the duty free industry, CDFG has risen as the largest luxury operator in China with the change from simplex duty free distribution in conventional areas to retail operation in diversified areas including travel retail.
- About CDFG：
- China Duty Free Group Co., Ltd. (CDFG), established in 1984, is the only state-owned enterprise authorized by the State Council to operate duty free business across the country. In accordance with the State policies, CDFG exercises unified management of the national duty free industry (i.e. unified operation, unified purchasing, unified retail pricing and unified development of management regulations ).
- After 30 years of rapid development, CDFG has established long-term cooperative relationships with more than 300 top luxury brands in the world to provide inbound and outbound travelers, international sailors, diplomats and Hainan offisland travelers with more than a thousand types of commodities from over twenty main categories. It has set up more than 200 duty-free stores of nine types (namely, airport, in-flight, border, ferry terminal, railway station, ocean shipping supply, diplomat, board and downtown duty free stores) in thirty provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions of China. This has made CDFG the duty-free operator with the widest duty-free type coverage and the most retail outlets in a single country.
- To realize leap-forward development, CDFG has set the strategy of relying on duty-free resource advantages to seek diversified development. Following the strategy, it has become a member of the first Olympic licensed product retailers approved by the Beijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (BOCOG). CDFG independently opened many airports stores under its own brands, such as of L’ile Du Luxe and Thousand-step Corridor selling the finest international luxury products and the choicest Chinese products and successfully brought forth commercial complexes combining duty-paid and duty-free international luxury brands. CDFG has kept achieving new breakthroughs in travel retail and now marched into the high-speed rail travel retail industry that sees rapid growth and promising prospects to create the “CDFG High-speed Rail Retail” brand.
- In 2004, with the approval of the State Council, CDFG and China International Travel Service Limited (CITS) carried out strategic reorganization and jointly set up CITS Group Corporation, the only central enterprise with tourism and duty free retail as its main businesses under the State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) The establishment of CITS Group Corporation means more development opportunities for CDFG at a larger platform.
- Following the “Going out” strategy for state-owned enterprises, CDFG has been devoted to opening up and expanding its overseas business. It has established branches and opened stores successively in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Cambodia. These stores serve as platforms for international business expansion allowing CDFG to head for internationalization and diversification.
- 2011 saw successful operation of CDFG’s offisland duty free business in Hainan, which started a new chapter for China’s duty free industry. CDFG Sanya Downtown Duty Free Store is the first offisland duty-free store in China, and it has attracted numerous tourists both at home and abroad with its first-class shopping environment, renowned luxury brands as well as professional and efficient service teams and become a new name card for Sanya. Moreover, the completion and opening of the Haitang Bay Duty free Shopping Complex as the largest duty free business complex in the world, will become another milestone in the history of China’s duty free industry.
- Looking into the future, CDFG will keep integrating its resources, deepening its system reform, innovating its operation mechanism and lead China’s duty free industry to become larger and stronger. CDFG will actively make progress into main business-related areas, so as to become a world-class duty free operator.
- President Address:
- China Duty Free Group Co., Ltd. (“CDFG”) has undergone a stormy history of 30 years since its establishment in 1984, and made significant progress under the solicitous guidance of government ministries, with vigorous support from all sectors of society and with unremitting efforts of several generations of CDFG people. I would like to take this opportunity to extend on behalf of all CDFG people our sincerest gratitude to leaders at all levels, our partners both at home and abroad and friends from all walks of life for their care and support!
- With China’s reform and opening up, the first duty free store in China was opened in 1979, more than 30 years later than the world’s duty free industry. Despite this, CDFG has seized historic opportunities, drawn support from the rapid development of China’s economy and tourism industry and carried out the strategies of group development, internationalization and professionalization. While setting up a duty free sales network with nationwide coverage, perfecting duty free services, improving the images of duty free stores as windows of Chinese cities to the outside world and bringing China’s duty free industry to be in line with international standards, CDFG has achieved its own transformation from a traditional duty free distributor to a retail operator and from dedication only to duty free business to engagement in many other areas related to travel retail. In doing so, CDFG has displayed its prominent role as an industrial leader with increasingly enhanced overall strength and growing influence both at home and abroad, and become an indispensable force in China’s tourism industry and a key player in the world’s duty free industry.
- Three decades of exciting development has witnessed the growth of China’s duty free industry, and more importantly, encouraged CDFG to compete in the international market with boldness and resolution, tempered the corporate character of always having the courage to go beyond with cultivated groups of talents who are determined to accomplish our missions.
- Against the vast space time, thirty years is as transient as the flash of a meteor. However, previous accumulations will certainly be our invaluable wealth, which will enable us to compete, prevail and keep scaling greater heights in the future. We do believe that with the deepening of China’s reform and opening-up and the sustained prosperity of the tourism industry, CDFG will get a fresh start and embrace a glorious future!
- China Duty Free Group Co., Ltd.
- President Charles Chen
No fear of difficulties, Professionalism and efficiency, Team work, Boldness and innovation
By integrating resources in duty free and travel retail business, CDFG strives to become a world-leading duty free supplier and operator that provides high-value products and services to customers at home and abroad at reasonable price. While leading and reinforcing China’s duty free industry and travel retail industry, CDFG will pursue the aim of a world-class large business group contributive to China’s tourism industry!
The representative of the duty free industry in China The largest luxury operator in China
No fear of difficulties Professionalism and efficiency Team work Boldness and innovation
Our Mission: Sharing the joy of shopping Extending the enjoyment oftravel
Our Vision：： Customer focus Market orientation
A duty free department (the predecessor of CDFG) was approvedand authorized by the State Council to be established, under China TravelService Company. This department began to conduct duty free businessnationwide. China’s first duty free store was opened.
China Duty FreeCompany was formally established with the approval from the State Council.
A branch was set up inHong Kong for the procurement and distribution of duty free goods overseas.
Beijing Downtown DutyFree Store, the first downtown duty free store in China, was opened. Wu Xueqian,Vice Premier of the State Council, Dai Jie, Director-General of the GeneralAdministration of Customs and He Guangwei, Director of the National TourismAdministration, paid a visit to the store for inspection.
CDFG started toexpand its retail channels and established CDFG Heihe Duty Free Store, thefirst border duty free store in Asia.
By introducing Chineseproducts into duty free stores, China’s duty free stores became the bestplatform to showcase the choicest Chinese products to tourists from all over theworld.
China Duty Free Group was founded as a consortium of 103 enterprise legal persons.
China Duty Free Company was renamed China Duty FreeGroup Corporation.
Qian Qichen, Vice Premierof the State Council, visited CDFG's Dongning Border Duty Free Store inHeilongjiang province.
Shanghai DowntownDuty Free Store was opened.
China Travel Retail Summit hosted by CDFG was held inthe Great Hall of the People, marking the first large-scale international conference in China’s travel retail industry.
Wan Guoquan, ViceChairman of the National People's Congress, inspected the Shanghai DowntownDuty Free Store.
CDFG became one ofthe first franchised retailers for 2008 Olympic products with authorization of theBeijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games (BOCOG).
With approval fromthe State Council and the State-owned Assets Supervision and AdministrationCommission (SASAC), CDFG and China International Travel Service (CITS) Limited,carried out strategic reorganization and jointly established CITS Group Corporation.
Four logisticscenters under the supervision of the Customs in Shenzhen, Shanghai,Qingdao,and Dalian formed a nationwide distribution system for duty free goods.
CDFG established a salesterminal overseas for the first time, marking a breakthrough in the overseasmarkets.
China Duty Free GroupCorporation was restructured and renamed China Duty Free Group Co., Ltd.
CDFG was cited as anexcellent central enterprise by the State-owned Assets Supervision andAdministration Commission and the Ministry of Human Resources and SocialSecurity.
CDFG ranked among theTop 500 Service Enterprises in China for the fourth consecutive year, and wasselected as a Best Human Resources Enterprise Model in 2009.
China InternationalTravel Service Co., Ltd., including all of CDFG's business and assets, was successfullylisted on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
On April 20th,Hainan offisland duty-free policy was officially implemented, and the CDFGSanya Duty Free Store was officially opened to offisland travelersand become the first duty free store to practice offisland duty-free shoppingpolicy in China.
The Haitang Bay International Shopping Complex project officially launched. It will be the largestduty free shopping mall in the world.
On February 1, the ninth type of duty free business in China made the debut with the maiden voyage of Star Cruises’SuperStar Gemini in Sanya.
In December, an independent B2C website was launched to carry out cross-border electronic business and the CDFG zone at kjt.com (a cross-border business platform) went online officially.
On September 1, Sanya International Duty Free Shopping Complex, the world’s largest mono duty-free mall, was opened.
On December 30, Angkor Duty Free Store, CDFG’S first downtown duty-free store outside China, was opened.
CDFG was selected into the Top 500 Service Enterprises of China for 6 consecutive years.
CDF membership project, the first duty free membership system in China, launched on September 15.
On December 30, Sihanoukville Duty Free Store in Cambodia was officially opened, which was the second overseas downtown store of CDFG.
CDFG’s third downtown store in Cambodia - Phnom Penh Duty Free Store, was opened in August, which further improved CDFG deployment in Cambodia.
On January 26, CDFG won arrivals duty free concession at Kunming Airport and replicated its success afterwards at Guangzhou Airport, Qingdao Airport, Nanjing Airport, Chengdu Airport and Urumqi Airport.
CDFG signed Agreement on Equity Transfer of Sunrise Duty Free (China) Co., Ltd. with Sunrise Duty Free (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. and Sunrise Duty Free Group Limited in March. After the closing of the deal in July the same year, Sunrise Duty Free (China) Co., Ltd. was incorporated into CDFG as holding subsidiary.
On April 5, CDFL (the Joint Vender between CDFG and Lagardere Travel Retail) won the Hong Kong International Airport duty free liquor & tobacco concession.
On June 30, CDFG and its holding company Sunrise Duty Free (China) Co., Ltd. respectively won the T2 and T3 duty free concessions in the international area of Beijing Capital International Airport for the next eight years as the first bid winners.
30 years of rapid development
Combination of over 300 world’s top luxury brands
365 physical stores of all kinds
Traditional Duty-free Business: CDFG has built the duty-free goods retail system that covers airports, airplanes, borders, passenger stations, downtown stores, ocean vessels, diplomats and other channels in Chinese main airports, border ports, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
Offshore Duty Free Business
Offshore Duty Free Business
Sanya Duty Free Store of CDFG is a world-class and Asia leading downtown duty-free store and represents the strongest strength and highest operating level in Chinese duty-free industry. Since the opening of Sanya Duty Free Store, it has been well received for the high-end shopping environment, efficient logistics and distribution, powerful product guarantee and excellent sales service.
Actively responding to the call of the “Going-out” Policy for state-owned enterprises, CDFG establishes platforms to expand overseas business on the basis of China Duty Free (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd., its wholly-owned subsidiary.
Travel Retail Business
Travel Retail Business
Following the advantages in purchasing channels, sales network and retail management in duty-free business, China Duty Free Group (CDFG) activity explores Chinese travel retail market and strives to achieve the diversified development.
30 provinces and autonomous regions（Covering the whole country (including Hongkong, Macao, Taiwan) 90 More than 90 cities 200 More than 200 Retail stores
Store address: 海南省三亚市海棠区海棠北路118号
WeChat Public Number：cdf离岛免税-三亚国际免税城
DUTY ZERO香港机场烟酒免税店（Outbound store、Inbound shop）
Outbound store: 一号客运大楼
Inbound shop: 一号客运大楼抵港大堂
Service Hotline：（852）3913 2555
WeChat Public Number：DutyZero香港机场免税店
Phnom Penh Duty Free Store
NagaWorld, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Kham Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh.
Service Hotline:023 960 888
WeChat Public Number: CDF-Cambodiadutyfree
Angkor Duty Free Store
#755, St Watt Bo, Banteaychas, Slor Kram, Seim Reap.
Service Hotline: 063 766 663/ 097 8556688
WeChat Public Number: CDF-Cambodiadutyfree
Sihanoukville Duty Free Store
Store address: #4, St: 23 Tola, Ochheuteal, Krong Preah Sihanouk
Service Hotline: 034 210 188
WeChat Public Number: CDF-Cambodiadutyfree
Guangzhou Airport Duty Free Shop of Guangzhou Xinmian Duty Free Co., Ltd.
Outbound store：International Departure Hall, Baiyun International Airport, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province
Inbound shop：International Departure Hall, Baiyun International Airport, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province
WeChat Public Number：中免集团广州机场免税店
杭州机场店（Outbound store、Inbound shop）
WeChat Public Number：cdfghz
昆明机场店（Outbound store、Inbound shop）
WeChat Public Number：昆明机场免税品店 gh_a47a1cdea3f4
Shenyang Xiantao International Airport Duty Free Shop
Store address：International Departure Hall, Xiantao International Airport, Dongling District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province
Service Hotline：+86-18704032810 / 024-31929226
WeChat Public Number：CDF沈阳机场免税
WeChat Public Number：中免集团厦门免税店
Shanghai Wusongkou Cruise Port Ferry Terminal Duty Free Shop
Store address：Store Address: Ferry Terminal of Wusongkou Cruise Port, No. 1, Baoyang Road, Baoshan District, Shanghai
WeChat Public Number：scdf8081
Qingdao Airport Duty Free Shop
Store address：International Departure Secured Hall, Liuting International Airport, Qingdao City, Shandong Province, China
WeChat Public Number：CDFG_QDAP
Store address：云南省瑞丽市姐告边境贸易区 国门大道369号 国门旁免税店
WeChat Public Number：RuiLi_CDF